CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 16 March 2013

A Gem of a Challenge - Spring

Evening all,

This post is super duper late, I do have the best excuse though, i've been to the GNPE today with my lovely friend Jill - thanks Jill it was just what the doctor ordered.

You may have noticed my distinct lack of posts on my blog and also the lack of comments on your lovely creations ... to be honest since my little Cherry cat disappeared i've not felt like doing anything let alone crafting or even logging on to my PC.

I've decided i've got to try and get on with things though and visiting the paper craft show was a great way to boost my mojo again :-)

So today I have not one but 3 cards to share (they are almost identical as they are for my 3 girls).

This week it was my turn to choose the challenge theme over at A Gem of a Challenge and I selected "Easter/Spring" - these cards really do make me smile and they are just what I need right now.

So here they are:




This lovely digi is Jodie with Easter egg and she comes as the coloured and black line versions (you get both when you purchase her.

I used the coloured version as I wanted all 3 cards to be the same (kids will argue over anything lol)



I used last years "Spring Drop" papers and some bazzill basics in lovely bright green for the matting.




Here are all 3 together, the little sentiment is also from Janet's store.

I finished them off with some die cut flowers, resin flowers and faux stitching.

I hope you like them.

Thanks so much for visiting me today, a very warm welcome to my new followers too!

Hopefully i'll get back on track with my blogging and more importantly visiting you all and leaving some love.

I'm settling down now for an Indian and a scary movie with hubby.

Hugs xx Cara xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Card Making Mama's - Spring time
Crafting for all Seasons - Spring
Crafty Calendar - Easter Egg-stravaganza
Creatalicious Challenges - Lovely Easter


10 comments:

  1. I can absolutely understand not feeling up to anything when we lose a loved one, and in this case it is quite literal. A good paper show sounds like the perfect place to break out of the Blues. The cards look absolutely fabulous, such a sweet image and gorgeous papers. Big hugs coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I love the image and the colours you have used! So sorry to hear about your cat!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I love that sweet image and the papers and layouts are gorgeous. I know what you mean about having to keep things the same, my children were like that when they were younger!
    I'm glad you had a good day, it sounds like it was just what you needed.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend, take care
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, the girls will love them. Love this sweet image and bright and cheerful papers. Glad to hear you had a fab day out - having mine next week at the NEC can't wait x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous hun.really sweet image and i love your stunning colours and designs.
    so sorry your cat is still missing.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEC for me too next week- that's got to get rid of my month long cold surely! Lovely card- thanks for joining us at Card Makin Mamas x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are perfect for children - I'm sure they loved them! Glad you got away for a bit, and so sorry about your kitty. Crafting retail therapy is good therapy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cara~~so sorry about your cat. Your cards are truly adorable!!! Very sweet image and love the color combo. Thanks for joining in the Easter challenge at Creatalicious!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey this card is sooo lovely and sweet. I like the colors and layout you used as well as the embellishments. Very delicate. My warmest and best happy Easter wishes to you and your family. Happy Crafting!

    Hugs xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete